R.I.P Allen Smith From L S Plumbing & Heating
Today WeT HeaD Media is truly sad to announce that Allen Smith age 43, a plumber working for L S Plumbing and Heating was found dead on the jobsite he was working at. He was working at the Knights Inn hotel at 236 N. Dixie Highway. Allen was married with three children at the time of his death. Allen was at the Knights Inn to replace a leaking water meter. This job was only supposed to take a few hours but when no one heard from Allen after many hours a maintenance worker at the named James Verhamme called the police around 6pm after he found Allen laying face down unresponsive.
The Autopsy says that this plumber was electrocuted, according to St. Joseph County Deputy Coroner Randy Magdalinski. Allen died on Wednesday August 26th 2009. The corner reported the cause of death around 5pm on Thursday August 27th 2009.
According to the coroner Randy Magdalinski the light Allen Smith was using gave him trouble and then came in contact with some water causing the plumber to get electrocuted. There was no mention so far if a GFI device was being used on the end of the light.
The Fine folks from the Clay Fire Territory and the Roseland police department responded, with the members of the fire department’s Tactical Rescue Team to pull Allen out of the crawl space.
Our Hearts here at WeT HeaD Media go out to Allen’s Family & Friends.
LS Plumbing & Heating
62442 Mulberry Rd, South Bend, IN – (574) 233-2545
My condolences to the family of Allen Smith…
Allen was a wonderfull husband to my sister, father and friend. He effected many lives and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.